Hairy Styles Tall Clutch
Special notes for hair-on leather clutches:
Hair grain direction will be unique with each clutch.
The most petable clutch we make.
Like all of the leather goods that we sell, the hides are byproducts of the meat industry. This means that the animal was not used just for its skin, which are considered exotic leathers.
Our hair-on clutch features a metallic vintage snakeskin lining leather. Once it’s gone, it’s gone for good.
A special clutch like this requires some extra special features. The spines and straps of these clutches are made of wax stuffed American leather. We matched the tone of the hair-on hides with the spines and strap for a clean and calm look.
- Width: 8" - Height: 6.5" - Depth: 1.5"
Two years to develop such a simple and elegant handbag.
Origami inspired construction: one piece of continuous leather folded into shape and riveted to the spine of the bag for rigidity.
- Features a spring twist latch closure
- Spring clip hardware on bag strap
- Industrial rivet construction makes this bag super tough
- Surface mount lock can be easily repaired in our shop if you run over it with your car… that has happened!
- Can work as a crossbody bag, shoulder bag, or as a clutch (using optional wristlet)
Small Handbag Dimensions:
- Height: 4.25"
- Width: 8"
- Depth: 1.5"
Tall Handbag Dimensions:
- Height: 6.5"
- Width: 8"
- Depth: 1.5"
Handmade in our Washington DC Workshop
- 100% Genuine Leather sourced from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Brasil, Italy
- Rivets formed in Wisconsin
- Locks and findings custom made in China.
- Water-based leather adhesive imported from Italy (better environmental standards)
Handbag life and care instructions:
Should anything befall your handbag, email us with photos and a description of the issue. Nearly anything besides cut leather can be repaired. We've seen locks run over by cars that are easily replaced.
Suede Leather Handbags: Made of imported embossed Italian suede. Suede is a very delicate and beautiful form of leather that is susceptible to water, dirt, oils, etc. We suggest applying a suede protective spray when first receiving your handbag.
Bison Leather Handbags: Made of American Bison and tanned in Kentucky. Little is needed to protect this leather. If you would like to use a product we suggest a leather protective balm.
Graphic Leather Handbags: Made of natural Veg Tan leather (100% Genuine leather) from Brazil and Pennsylvania with images embedded in the leather in my shop in Washington, DC. Veg Tan leather is a very natural form of leather, created by using tannins from vegetable matter such as the bark from trees.
- Leather gets slightly wet - Wipe off with clean cloth
- Leather gets soaking wet - Do not wear while wet. Fill the bag loosly with clean crumbpled paper to fill out the bag. Do not lock the bag. Allow the bag flap to rest naturally. Leave bag to dry completely. Your leather will darken a bit.
- Bison and Graphic Leathers gets dirty - Use a lightly damp soft cloth to wipe away dirt. Let air dry.
- Suede Leathers get dirty - Use a suede cleaning product.
What to expect:
Graphic images are embedded IN the leather using our super secret process. The leather is protected with three coatings of our proprietary sealant making it scratch and water resistant. Think of it like a tattoo in leather.